Vehicle Mechanic / Diesel Fitter
We currently recruiting for an experienced vehicle mechanic to work alongside our existing team. You will be working with our current team of experienced, high quality fitting staff stationed at Castleford, West Yorkshire. The ideal candidate will look after vehicle servicing, repairs and maintenance of small plant and will have solid experience in this area.
Vehicle Mechanic Requirements:
Must have a background in vehicle maintenance / servicing and small plant fitting. You must be flexible and adaptable in your approaches to work. you must have and be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK, all documents will be checked
- Undertake vehicle and small plant repairs and services (4X4’s, Vans, HGV’s and LGV’s)
- Carry out Certificate Of Fitness (COF) checks
- Carry out Electronic diagnosis and repairs.
- Carry out services, repairs and maintenance of the vehicles and small plant in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure that all vehicles being worked on are safe and roadworthy through inspections
- Communicates effectively with Transport Manager and Chief Fitter
- Manages their workload and keep records of servicing intervals and maintenance
Competency / Skills / Behaviour:
- City & Guilds Automotive Maintenance and Repairs NVQ Level 2/3
- Able to demonstrate a full and varied knowledge of vehicle repairs and plant machinery
- Detailed practical working knowledge of the operation of appropriate machinery, tools and equipment.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience
- Are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct
- Team player who will adhere and promote the Company’s Values & Behaviour
- HGV Drivers Licence
- Plant maintenance: 2 years
- Vehicle Maintenance and repairs : 5 years
What we offer in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to earn overtime (on-call)
- Additional benefits – Pension
- 23 days annual paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Working with some of the industry’s leading experts
In return we offer competitive rates of pay, prepaid (single occupancy) accommodation and a daily meal allowance of £20.00.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,500 – £32,500
Candidate must live within 40 miles of Wakefield (WF2 0XJ)