High definition 3D laser scanning surveys are becoming increasingly popular for building and civil engineering projects, particularly now that BIM is being used more widely. We are finding that Laser Scanning is replacing traditional surveys methods due to its fast data capture and high accuracy.
3D laser scanning surveys allows us to analyse objects or the environment and to record its shape and location in real-time. The resulting information is called point cloud data, which comprises millions of data points and can be used to construct three-dimensional models.
Each scan takes just minutes, gathering millions of points (with a single point accuracy of 3mm and modelled surface accuracy of 1mm.).
- Accurate information – each point is accurate to +/- 3mm
- Rapid data collection – 1,000,000 points per second
- Complete data – all information in the scan view is collected in just one visit
- Risk reduction – allows remote surveys at hazardous sites and can reduce repeat returns to restricted locations
- Data can be processed as required so it can fit into the priorities within a programme of work.